Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's a Good Day

    I haven’t written anything in a while. I didn’t make any of conscious effort to not do so, it just happened this way. In taking a look at my writing as a whole, it seems that I write more when things are at their most bleak. In truth, I hardly even post on facebook these days. As I sit here today, my life as a whole is far better than it was say six months ago. Today my days are filled with joy, laughter and love.

Since I don’t feel the “need” to write as much today as then, I started to wonder if all writers write due to what they see as their dark times? I know that's the case in my life and I wonder if it is the norm? I have friends that write and blog as I do. I think some of them are in the same frame of mind that I’ve been in the last few years. I think it’s an outlet for me, a way to scream and say what’s really on my mind. Perhaps it’s their outlet as well? I know it made me feel, that when people read my musings and commented back, that the world heard me and knew that I hurt. I felt accepted and when others felt as I did I felt accepted.

I have two kinds of writing that I do. The first is the one being my public blog and comments and such. And the second being the writing that I do only for myself. The latter never to be published lol. There’s some really good bad stuff in there, heh. Those lines are most definitely my way of screaming at the world, and often times the people in it. It makes me feel so much better to get those things out and not have them roam around in my head.  I haven't been putting out any of either form in quite a while now. I just don't feel like I need to scream right now, and that's a good thing.

    So, true to form, this is a short blog. I’m afraid that I don’t have much to say these days. I’m in a really good place right now and I hope you are too. However, my cynicism is just below the surface and I”m sure that it will pop up and help me write a blog or two every once in a while. The world is still just as whacked and there will always be people like me to point out the obvious.

I hope I get to see each one of you soon, L3

No comments:

Post a Comment